She came alive as she started talking about her boyfriend.
2.我知道你不喜欢他,但他也有可用之处。
I know you don’t like him, but he has his uses.
If the symptoms persist, don’t hesitate to call me.
4.你别总是这样跟着我好不好?
Will you stop following me around?
5.别提她胖了—她对此很敏感。
Don’t mention that she’s put on weight—she’s very sensitive about it.
I looked on sympathetically at the old lady begging at roadside, wondering if her children
knew that their mother was leading such a miserable life.
7.她挖空心思刁难我们。
She went out of her way to make things difficult for us.
You’ll have to decide whether you want to lose weight or eat chocolates and you can’t have it both ways!
9.这几次谈判的成功为释放人质扫清了道路。
The success of these talks has cleared the way for the release of the hostages.
10.当你游览上海的时候,首先看到的东西之一就是坐落在黄浦江东岸的“东方明珠电视塔”—那座可以从很远就能看到的塔,也是世界第四高的建筑物和上海市的象征。
When you visit Shanghai, one of the first things you will see is the Oriental Pearl TV Tower standing on the east bank of Huangpu River—the famous tower which can be seen from far away, the forth highest building in the world and the symbol of the city.
11.如果你要是没有给我传错信息的话,我就不会跟他吵架了。
If you had not passed on the wrong message to me, I would not have quarreled with him.
12.他很少外出。
He rarely, if ever, goes out.
13.我难得享受到如此宜人的静谧。
Rarely have I enjoyed such soothing tranquility.
14.我起先在电话里都没有听出你的声音。
I failed to recognize your voice on the phone at first.
You’d better have your four tyres checked once again before you drive onto the express way.
Should one burst, you would get killed.
16.很多外国人对中国历史的了解令我们自感惭愧。
Many foreigners’ knowledge of Chinese history puts us to shame.
He did not come to beg me to excuse his rude manner as I hoped he would, but acted as if
nothing had happened.
18.如果你试图逃税,那一旦被发现,你就有被处以重额罚款的风险。
If you try to evade paying your taxes, you risk being fined heavily once found out.
19.虽则已成为上海的名人了,但他宁愿像过去一样不去引人注目。
He is now one of Shanghai’s notables—but he prefers to remain out of the limelight.
20.我的一位同事特爱出风头。
One of my colleagues is very fond of the limelight.
He stole the limelight of the party from Mary.
22.仪器设备总是经过仔细消毒以防感染。
Equipment is always carefully sterilized as a precaution against infection.
23.他是山东人,这从他的口音可以听出来。
As can be recognized from his accent, he is from Shandong.
24.她正一动不动地躺在地板上。
She is lying motionless on the floor.
25.她气得直跺脚。
She was stamping with fury.
如果想了解更多英国留学的申请 签证 学校排名 留学论坛 等相关信息以及详细资讯,欢迎点击中英网http://www.uker.net/

网友评论